Header

Navigation

HOME      BLOG      ABOUT      CONTACT      CATEGORIES

My beauty saviour: Une Intuitive Touch BB-Cream Concealer

Friday 17 May 2013

As someone who has been 'blessed' with dark under-eye circles, concealer is a beauty essential of mine.
I've tried quite a few concealers over the last few years (MeMeMe Flawless Concealer, Soap & Glory's Kick-Ass concealer, Rimmel's Wake Me Up, Revlon Beyond Natural, Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection and Max Factor's Mastertouch, to name a few), but until late last year, I hadn't found the one. I know a lot of people swear by brands such as MAC, Bobbi Brown and Benefit, but much as I would love to try them out, I just can't afford to.
Instead, I look for brands that are more within my budget, and although this one is a little more high end than some, it is a life saver:


This little beauty is Une's Intuitive Touch BB-Cream concealer.
I'd seen Une in Boots before but had never actually tried any of their products before as they are a little more expensive, but after my mum trying the concealer on a whim and then raving about how good it was, I decided to go out and buy one for myself.



So, I'll start from the outside. The packaging is really nice as it is compact and not overly fussy or complicated. The lid slides up so your concealer is protected by the lid, which has a handy mirror on the front. Another plus point is that you actually get quite a lot of concealer for your money (I used to use Soap & Glory's Kick-Ass concealer which was a similar price, but you got half as much concealer), and my first one lasted around 6 months before I ran out. The packaging is also eco-friendly. According to Une's website: "the sliding packs have been designed to accommodate refills and the materials used are all recyclable", and they "chose to produce most of [their] packs and products in Europe in order to minimize transport and therefore the environmental impact.". So as well as looking good, the product causes minimal damage to the environment.






Now for the concealer itself.
I was so eager to try it that I actually went to the ladies' room straight after buying it to put it on, and I have to say that I was impressed.
The concealer has a creamy consistency, similar to Soap & Glory's Kick-Ass concealer, and as I find that stick concealers are too drying and liquids don't give enough coverage, cream concealers are perfect for me.
The coverage is really good, and it's buildable, so on those days where you just want light coverage, a little bit of this will be exactly what you need, and when you want heavier coverage, just apply a couple of extra layers and you're good to go. What's even better is that even when you go for the heavier coverage, it still looks very natural,
even if you're not wearing foundation.






The product also blends out easily and the colour matches my skin well (it matches my face better than it matches my hand!), which is ideal when you're someone who has college most days and doesn't have a lot of time to hang around making sure your makeup is blended properly.










As well as all of the above, Une's BB-Cream concealer is also better for your skin! 100% of its ingredients are from natural origin and 10% are from organic farming, so there are no nasties such as parabens or artificial fragrances. This means that not only does it provide good coverage for dark circles, but it is also safe to use on blemishes, and the chances of it clogging your pores are minimal.
The only downside is that it does have a tendency to settle, particularly in the crease of your eyelid and in any lines under your eyes, but it's nothing that can't be fixed with a quick swipe of your finger, and considering how wonderful every other aspect of this product is, I think it's worth putting up with.

Unfortunately Boots don't sell the Une range anymore, although some Superdrugs stock it, as do a few online stores. It costs around £10, which I consider quite a lot, but it is most definitely worth it!

Namaste,
Rowan

No comments :

Post a Comment