Header

Navigation

HOME      BLOG      ABOUT      CONTACT      CATEGORIES

Summer wishlist

Sunday 29 June 2014



1. Skagen 'Anita' watch
This is quite an extravagant one for me, but lately I've really started to appreciate watches, and this one in particular caught my eye. All of Skagen's watches and accessories are typically Danish in their design, being very simple and elegant, and I have absolutely fallen in love with the brand. I've never had a 'proper' watch before, so maybe some time soon this will become my first.

2. H&M maxi dress
Having spent most of summer last year in jeans as a result of not feeling confident enough to go out in dresses or skirts, I decided that this year I would push myself to buy a couple of nice dresses and actually wear them out, and so far so good (I've bought two already!). I was browsing the swimwear section in H&M about a week ago and I saw this gorgeously slouchy blue maxi dress with delicate straps, and after trying it on I knew we were on to something good. However, being the scrimper that I am (spending money makes me feel all anxious), I didn't buy it, but when I got home I couldn't stop thinking about it, so hopefully I'll get the chance to pick it up soon!

3. H&M lyocell top
I first saw this top whilst playing around with holiday outfits on Polyvore (much less messy than laying everything out on your bed) and I loved how slouchy it looked. When I found it on H&M's website, I found out that it's part of their Conscious collection, which is all about 'sustainable style'. Whilst writing this post I did a little research into what exactly lyocell is, and as it turns out it's a type of material made from dissolving wood pulp, which makes it both recyclable and biodegradable. Clever, huh?

4. H&M jersey cami
If you haven't already guessed, I'm a sucker for slouchy tops and skinny straps, and this cami covers both those areas! I've been on the hunt for a slouchy white/cream top for a while now, and this one is perfect. The slouchiness keeps is easy-breezy and casual, but the straps keep it elegant and feminine. I also love the racer back, although it would give you terrible tan lines!

5. H&M tortoiseshell sunglasses
Having always been a wayfarer-style girl, I thought I'd go for something a bit different this year and find a new style of sunglasses. Although these ones are still a bit wayfarer-esque with the shape and detail on the top corners, the rounded lenses make them a little more feminine. I'm also really into tortoiseshell glasses  at the moment as it's such a timeless look.

6. H&M bikini (top and bottoms)
Remember I said I was looking at swimwear when I found that maxi dress? This is the bikini I found while I was there. I love the dusky red colour and the gold zig-zag stitching along the edges, and the tassels give it a lovely bohemian touch. I think a lot of girls like to treat themselves to new swimwear when summer rolls around, and I think this might have to be my new set.


I made this little set on Polyvore, and if you want to follow me you can find my profile here.


Is there anything on your wishlist right now? Feel free to share in the comments!

Namaste,

Rowan

No comments :

Post a Comment